Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hiding freeze pane reference lines

Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear after
freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with the
entire network and these just add chaos to the form.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can't be done.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mamachugh" wrote in message
Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear
after
freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with
the
entire network and these just add chaos to the form.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

well, if its under your control, you could always creatively camouflage it
using black fill/white font for the top/left portions segmented by the panes
--
Max
Singapore
"Mamachugh" wrote:
Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear after
freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with the
entire network and these just add chaos to the form.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The freeze panes line is visible even if you place a solid line over it, it
appears to float on a layer above spreadsheet and the graphic layers.

If you use Excel 2007 you can have one row of titles lock at the top of a
table range without using the freeze pane command - that is because the
titles replace the column letters as you scroll out of view of them.

Personally I'd learn to live with the freeze pane lines, that are lots
bigger issues.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire