-   -   Copy conditional formatting across column in the same row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235174-copy-conditional-formatting-across-column-same-row.html)

aspoto

Copy conditional formatting across column in the same row

I'm trying to copy a conditional format for a cell, into other cells across
the same row, but use data from a different column. What I have been able to
achieve is...

Column A Column B
a1 b1
a2<a1=red b2<a1= red

What I need it do to is:
Column A Column B
a1 b1
a2<a1=red b2<b1= red

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

T. Valko

Copy conditional formatting across column in the same row

Make sure the formula is using relative references.

=A2<A1

Note that there are no $ signs being used.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"aspoto" wrote in message
I'm trying to copy a conditional format for a cell, into other cells
across
the same row, but use data from a different column. What I have been able
achieve is...

Column A Column B
a1 b1
a2<a1=red b2<a1= red

What I need it do to is:
Column A Column B
a1 b1
a2<a1=red b2<b1= red

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Val H[_2_]

Copy conditional formatting across column in the same row

Do your conditional formatting on a2 only then simply copy and paste to cell b2
--
Val