derrick@sugarbakers

Default If the SUM of a list is 32.2 what formula to round it up to 32.5?

If I add a list of numbers using the formula =SUM( ) and the total is 32.25 -
what formula must I use to get the result that the total will be 32.50. If
the total is 40.70 the result must round up to 41.0.
The problem arises when I add metres of fabric and need to round the total
to the next half metre.

Dana DeLouis

I think this should work...

=CEILING(A1,0.5)

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"derrick@sugarbakers" wrote
in message ...
If I add a list of numbers using the formula =SUM( ) and the total is
32.25 -
what formula must I use to get the result that the total will be 32.50. If
the total is 40.70 the result must round up to 41.0.
The problem arises when I add metres of fabric and need to round the total
to the next half metre.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=CEILING(SUM(rng),0.5)