Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MISSING PARENTHESIS

=IF($I$11<=(1:60). please what is the missing parameter in the formular.
trying to use conditional formating to change colour if 1:60 days different
on the date entered in CELL I11. please can anybody advice on what to do.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=TODAY()-A1<60

for formatting the cell entry if the date entered in A1 is less than 60
days..from today.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kanmi" wrote:

=IF($I$11<=(1:60). please what is the missing parameter in the formular.
trying to use conditional formating to change colour if 1:60 days different
on the date entered in CELL I11. please can anybody advice on what to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I read this as I11 holds a reference date and the cell to be formatted
(let's call is A1) holds a date
Cell A1 is be be coloured if its date is 1 to 60 greater than I11's date
With A1 selected, in the Conditional Format dialog use this formula:
=(A1-$I$11=1)*(A1-$I$11<=60)
Note that a conditional forma formula should return either TRUE or FALSE
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kanmi" wrote in message
=IF($I$11<=(1:60). please what is the missing parameter in the formular.
trying to use conditional formating to change colour if 1:60 days
different
on the date entered in CELL I11. please can anybody advice on what to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The "missing parenthesis" is just Excel's guess at what is wrong.

Your problem is you cannot specify a range of values in the If statement the
way you did. You must use the And function, as in:
=and(i11=1,i11<=60)

Regards,
Fred.