Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Extracting Rows based on a number in a field

I have columns L to AZ that may or may not contain the number 41, I need to
extract all of the rows that have the number 41 somewhere in them, and make o
seperate files one with and one without rows with 41?

Any help would be appreciated

Columns A to K have address data, that I hope can be excluded from this as
some addresses may have 41, but I can live with manually removing them if I
need to.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this using a temporary column.

Assuming your data starts in Row1. In cell BA1 enter the formula
=COUNTIF(L1:AZ1,41)
This will give you the count of 41's.
Copy the formula down as required.
Sort the data with this column..move the data with 0's to a different sheet.

If you have text values instead of numerics then =COUNTIF(L1:AZ1,"*41*")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Yookaroo" wrote:

I have columns L to AZ that may or may not contain the number 41, I need to
extract all of the rows that have the number 41 somewhere in them, and make o
seperate files one with and one without rows with 41?

Any help would be appreciated

Columns A to K have address data, that I hope can be excluded from this as
some addresses may have 41, but I can live with manually removing them if I
need to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
Advanced Filter