Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get a new calculated date from different date ranges?

I am trying to set up a date calculator so that when you enter two or more
date ranges it will give me a new calculated date. (eg. March 5/2004 to June
18/2005 is 470 days, add from July 4/2005 to June 9/2009 is 1,436 days. I
can get the correct total which is 1,906 days, but what I'm looking for is a
new date to be able to calculate vacation entitlement. (The new date in the
example should be March 21/2005).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I follow your logic up to the point where you say the new date should be
March 21/2005. Why should it be that date?

Mike

"Ann LeBlanc" wrote:

I am trying to set up a date calculator so that when you enter two or more
date ranges it will give me a new calculated date. (eg. March 5/2004 to June
18/2005 is 470 days, add from July 4/2005 to June 9/2009 is 1,436 days. I
can get the correct total which is 1,906 days, but what I'm looking for is a
new date to be able to calculate vacation entitlement. (The new date in the
example should be March 21/2005).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi there

The purpose of this date calculator is to find someone's new vacation
entitlement date. The scenario I gave has this person as being hired on
March 5, 2004 and being laid off on June 18, 2005; then being rehire on July
4, 2005 and being laid off on June 9, 2009. Vacation entitlement is based on
time worked. So when we bridge all the time together, the person gets a new
vacation entitlement date.

"Ann LeBlanc" wrote:

I am trying to set up a date calculator so that when you enter two or more
date ranges it will give me a new calculated date. (eg. March 5/2004 to June
18/2005 is 470 days, add from July 4/2005 to June 9/2009 is 1,436 days. I
can get the correct total which is 1,906 days, but what I'm looking for is a
new date to be able to calculate vacation entitlement. (The new date in the
example should be March 21/2005).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK,

So you have the number of 1436 days worked, if we had a formula what result
would you expect to get from it and as importantly why? Is it 1436 days from
some previous date?

Mike