Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default forgoten password

I have forgoten or mispelled my password. It keeps telling me that my caps
lock needs to be adjusted. I have done every possible spellings with caps.
So I must of put in wrong password. How do I change the password when tring
to unprotect a sheet in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
take a look here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm

"Leon" wrote:

I have forgoten or mispelled my password. It keeps telling me that my caps
lock needs to be adjusted. I have done every possible spellings with caps.
So I must of put in wrong password. How do I change the password when tring
to unprotect a sheet in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may also what to consider the issue of forgotten passwords - suppose
this was the password to your bank account - I could log in and try to access
the bank account but since I don't know your password I would an error
message. Now suppose there was a simple way to change the password - I would
just change your password to one I knew and then bingo I would have access to
all your money. Good idea no?

So if a password is designed to keep others out having a simple way to
change it defeats the whole purpose of the password.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Leon" wrote:

I have forgoten or mispelled my password. It keeps telling me that my caps
lock needs to be adjusted. I have done every possible spellings with caps.
So I must of put in wrong password. How do I change the password when tring
to unprotect a sheet in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Leon" wrote in message ...
I have forgoten or mispelled my password. It keeps telling me that my caps
lock needs to be adjusted. I have done every possible spellings with caps.
So I must of put in wrong password. How do I change the password when tring
to unprotect a sheet in excel

Hi Leon.

Copy the protected sheet to an unprotected one.

If you should choose leon as the new password,
then you can write hulk instead, and Excel will know who it is!

Hans T.