Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto-adding text when a certain number is input

So hopefully this makes sense! :)

I'm working on a sheet for a friend, and he has given me a list of 28
specific numbers with the ultimate goal being (hopefully) that when one of
those numbers is entered into the sheet, then a specific name will fill in
either next to the number or in the next cell. He's hoping this can be done
to eliminate having to fill in these names every week, as this is a rotating
sheet to track progress for a club he's in.

Basically, is there a function or format I could employ which would do this?
Example being, if I enter number 2, it will always be "Joe Smith," number 13
would be "Jane Doe," etc. The number and name combinations will not change,
just the order in which they appear on the sheet.

Did that make sense? It's a bit late if that's any sort of defense! Thanks
in advance for your thoughts!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try VLOOKUP()

For help refer