Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Name

Hi,

I have two colums, check number and number of months. I want to create a
formula showing if it is more than 36 months then it shows "Check No. 457" if
its under 36 months than blank.

Check No. Months Formula
74587 45 Check No. 74587
45647 12
44567 36 Check No. 44567
44767 6
57846 60 Check No. 57846
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(B1=36,"Check No. " & A1,"")
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Talladega" wrote:

Hi,

I have two colums, check number and number of months. I want to create a
formula showing if it is more than 36 months then it shows "Check No. 457" if
its under 36 months than blank.

Check No. Months Formula
74587 45 Check No. 74587
45647 12
44567 36 Check No. 44567
44767 6
57846 60 Check No. 57846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's assume the 45 in you example is in B2 and the 74587 in A1
=IF(B236,"Check No. "& A2,"")
the last argument is a pair of double-quotes with nothing between them
Copy this down the column (double clicking B2's fill handle - small solid
square in lower right corner of selected cell - is fastest way)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP