Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default data validation drop down list format

Hi, I created a data validation range that users enter information into to
create the drop down list. The user does not need to enter information into
all cells in the range. I use the result of the information to generate
effort, duration, and resource usage for copying to MsProject so the blank
fields in the range must not generate results. The problem is that the drop
down list doesn't read from the top unless all cells contain information.
Does anyone have ideas on how to format the list to show from the top
regardless of the empty cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Data Validation lists will show spaces if their source range has spaces, you
might get around this by using a combo box control and VBA. You might try

as a starting place for some ideas.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire