Bill Sturdevant

Default How to find returns in cells

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple lines of data in single cells. How
can I find those cells, either using the Find dialog box or a formula?
David McRitchie

Hi Bill,
To use FIND (Ctrl+F) dialog
you can code CHAR(10) the New Line as
Alt+0010 be sure to use the numeric keypad with number on
on a laptop
On a laptop use Fn+Alt+0010 on numeric keypad with NumLock off.

In a Worksheet Formula you would use CHAR(10), and in VBA you would use CHR(10)

The following web page may be of assistance with similar things
Symbols for HTML and Excel use
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/symbols.htm

Similar problems you may encounter a

Escape characters in formats and in System Search use a backslash
(in Unix it is escape character for #,@, and $),

in Find/Replace use a tilde.
to search for * or ? or ~, you enter it as ~*, ~? and ~~, respectively.

In headers and footers to see an ampersand (&) double them as in AT&&T.
Double quotes with double quotes are doubled.
---
HTH,

"Bill Sturdevant" wrote ...