Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup

can vlookup be used to find multiple matches in a table on sheet 2 for a
single index number on sheet 1?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
could you post an example, it will help to see what you want to achieve.
Thanks

"Mike" wrote:

can vlookup be used to find multiple matches in a table on sheet 2 for a
single index number on sheet 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want the entries on sheet 2 for "1570" to to appear on the line with "1570"
on sheet 1. The number of entries for a number on sheet 2 varies.

SHEET 1 SHEET 2
6071 1560 54900
6309 1564 70900
4027 1570 43300
1570 1570 44200
2904 1570 44800
1579 73800
1582 74304
1582 74306

"Mike" wrote:

can vlookup be used to find multiple matches in a table on sheet 2 for a
single index number on sheet 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
I assume you want the sum from sheet 2 of all the entries for "1570"

Assuming in sheet 2 column B has the number you want to add

in sheet1 column B enter

=sumproduct(--(A1=sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000),sheet2!$B$1:$B$1000)

change range to fit your needs but remember you have to enter the same range
in both sides of the formula.

"Mike" wrote:

can vlookup be used to find multiple matches in a table on sheet 2 for a
single index number on sheet 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Eduardo, I appreciate your efforts to help me, but you do not need to waste
additional time on this. I do not want the sum of the entries on sheet 2, I
want the actual numbers. In my example, which contained spacing when I typed
it, I want 43300, 44200, and 44800 to be brought forward to sheet 1 and be
stored in cells on the line for 1570 (1570 ... 43300 44200 44800). Thanks
again for you help!

"Mike" wrote:

can vlookup be used to find multiple matches in a table on sheet 2 for a
single index number on sheet 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try This

This will help you

'Multiple Vlookup results as a text string - MrExcel Message Board'
(http://tinyurl.com/lb2hcr)

--
hardeep.kanwar
hardeep.kanwar's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=170