Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Insert cells function

When I attempt to insert a cell or group of cells the radio buttons to shift
cell(s) right or down are grayed out. What is causing this?
--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the sheet protected?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:10:01 -0700, Tom Haskell
wrote:

When I attempt to insert a cell or group of cells the radio buttons to shift
cell(s) right or down are grayed out. What is causing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You must copy first.

Does you workbook contain any macros, event macros might interfere.

Is your spreadsheet protected?

If that is not the problem we need more details - what version are you
using, what are the exact steps you are executing, what is the source range
you selected, what is the target range you are selecting.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tom Haskell" wrote:

When I attempt to insert a cell or group of cells the radio buttons to shift
cell(s) right or down are grayed out. What is causing this?
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The 2007 workbook is not protected, no macros. I am trying to insert blank
cells above
Steps executed: 1) highligh 3 cells; 2)right click highlighted cells and
select Insert
When insert box comes up the move cells right move cells down buttons are
grayed out .

NOTE: I just discovered the what the issue is! The workbook was set as
"Shared" Once I removed the "Shared" option, the insert function allowed me
to insert cells as needed.
--
Thanks!