Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default unprotect sheet (icon is greyed out)

I put a protection on the sheet so it is a read only, but I need to go back
in and unprotect it to change some of the cells. The icon is greyed out so
it won't even allow me to enter in my password to unlock the sheet. Can
someone please help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the workbook also shared?

Do you have more than one sheet selected?

Either of those will prevent unprotecting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP