Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need Formula to Know Percent of a row of Pass/Fail data

Please Help! :o) I'm drawing a blank on how to create a formula that will
give you the percent passing on a row of data that has either pass, fail or a
blank space.

Is there any way to create an IF statement for the calculated percentage?

Here's an example:
Date 1st shift 2nd shift
6/1/09 pass pass
6/2/09 pass fail
6/3/09 pass
6/4/09 fail fail
6/5/09 fail

And it will be calculated per week of data.

I thought about giving pass a value of 100 and fail a value of 0, but I
don't know if that would really solve anything.

Any hints or assistance would be fabulous!

Moriah
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Maybe this

=COUNTIF(B2:B20,"pass")/(COUNTIF(B2:B20,"fail")+COUNTIF(B2:B20,"pass"))

format as percentage and for your sample data you get 50% pass rate

Mike

"Moriah" wrote:

Please Help! :o) I'm drawing a blank on how to create a formula that will
give you the percent passing on a row of data that has either pass, fail or a
blank space.

Is there any way to create an IF statement for the calculated percentage?

Here's an example:
Date 1st shift 2nd shift