Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using formula to find out a Date 90 prior to a particular date

I am trying to use a formula for finding out a date 90 days before a
particular date.
I used the formula =DATE(2009,9,25-I80) for finding a date that is 90
days before 25/9/2009.
My problem is that I have a column B with the dates get changed on each
entry and and in other column I want to get a date before 90 days.
I mean how to use the formula with the dates getting changed on each entry?
Hope you can help me out.
If req I can send you the file.

Regards
Vinod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Vinrod

With your date in B2, this will do it:

=B2-DAY(90)

Regards,
Per

"Vinod" skrev i meddelelsen
I am trying to use a formula for finding out a date 90 days before a
particular date.
I used the formula =DATE(2009,9,25-I80) for finding a date that is 90
days before 25/9/2009.
My problem is that I have a column B with the dates get changed on each
entry and and in other column I want to get a date before 90 days.
I mean how to use the formula with the dates getting changed on each
entry?
Hope you can help me out.
If req I can send you the file.

Regards
Vinod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure you mean that, Per?
DAY(90) is 30, as the number 90 is Excel's representation of 30 March 1900.

Don't you just want =B2-90 ?
--
David Biddulph