Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "AverageIf"

I want to create a formula along the lines of a "SumIf" but for averages -
the target cells are blank and will be filled in later, so until they are the
formula cell displays #DIV/0!, which not only annoys me (!) but does not look
professional. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Handle that using ISERROR()

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(A1:C1)),"",AVERAGE(A1:C1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"fozzie888" wrote:

I want to create a formula along the lines of a "SumIf" but for averages -
the target cells are blank and will be filled in later, so until they are the
formula cell displays #DIV/0!, which not only annoys me (!) but does not look
professional. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=IF(COUNT(A1:A10),AVERAGE(A1:A10),"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"fozzie888" wrote:

I want to create a formula along the lines of a "SumIf" but for averages -
the target cells are blank and will be filled in later, so until they are the
formula cell displays #DIV/0!, which not only annoys me (!) but does not look
professional. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want to create a formula along the lines of a "SumIf" but for averages

I assume that means you want to do a conditional average: AVERAGE(IF(...

What does your formula look like?

What version of Excel are you using?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"fozzie888" wrote in message
I want to create a formula along the lines of a "SumIf" but for averages -
the target cells are blank and will be filled in later, so until they are
the
formula cell displays #DIV/0!, which not only annoys me (!) but does not
look
professional. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,