Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Delete BOTH sets duplicate data in columns (debits/credits)

I am trying to find out how to delete BOTH sets of data in a column when
there is not a unique entry. For example if I have a 10 in cell A1 and a 10
in cell B5 I would like them BOTH to be removed, leaving me with only values
in Cell A that have no match anywhere in Cell B. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Constance,

Insert a column between A and B. In the new cell B1, enter the formula
=ISERROR(MATCH(A1,C:C,False))
Copy down to match column A.
The formula will be TRUE if the value in A1 does not appear in C (the old B) and FALSE if it does.

Then in D1, enter the formula
=ISERROR(MATCH(C1,A:A,False))
Copy down to match column C.

Convert both formula columns to values, then sort A:B based on B and delete the values in A and B
where B is FALSE, and sort C:D based on D and delete the values in C and D where D is FALSE.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP