Jennifer

Default Date & < sign I want to Conc.

Hello all,
I have a macro that runs once the user puts
A B
Start Date: 12/15/04
Finish Date: <2/15/05
The filter requires they use a < & signs, well they don't want to have to
type this in everytime. I know how to use concatenate but it doesn't give it
a value the filter will read then I tried to add the value function and that
said N/A. Have any ideas? I want it to look like
A B C(formula)
12/05/04 12-05-04

< 2/05/05 <02-05-05
And it has to be values the advanced filter will read. Thanks for the help.

Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer
Peo Sjoblom

Works fine for me, it always look weird when you concatenates dates since
they will display their serial numbers but it works, I assumed that was in
A1, < in A2, 12/05/04 in B1 and 2/15/05 in B2

I put 2 headers next to each other in C1 and D1 called Date and in C2 I put
=A1&B1 and in D2 I
put =A2&B2 then I used C1:D2 as criteria

note you can making the criteria look like dates by using
=A1&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy") instead

You can also use a formula leaving the header blank

=AND(CHOOSE(MATCH($A$1,{"","<","=","<="},0),A5$ B$1,A5<$B$1,A5=$B$1,A5<=A5),CHOOSE(MATCH($A$2,{" ","<","=","<="},0),A5$B$2,A5<$B$2,A5=$B$2,A5<=$ B$2))

where A5 is the first date in your list and criteria would be C1:C2 instead

however that would be swimming to the other side of the river for water

Peo Sjoblom

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Hello all,
I have a macro that runs once the user puts
A B
Start Date: 12/15/04
Finish Date: <2/15/05
The filter requires they use a < & signs, well they don't want to have
type this in everytime. I know how to use concatenate but it doesn't give
it
a value the filter will read then I tried to add the value function and
that
said N/A. Have any ideas? I want it to look like
A B C(formula)
12/05/04 12-05-04

< 2/05/05 <02-05-05
And it has to be values the advanced filter will read. Thanks for the
help.

Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank Peo,
When I run the macro though it doesn't know how to read the formula as
dates. I don't get anything in the filtered.
Jennifer