Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating & Archiving Records

Hi,

I am using Excel 2007.

I have a large spreadsheet and new data is added periodically.

I have several columns of data associated with a description & date.

The data associated with each description is unique to that day.

I want to archive the older desciption data after I add newer
description data.

Column B = date of the data
Column E = description (phrase)

How do I remove duplicate older rows of description data from my main
spreadsheet (keep the newest descriptions rows) and save the older rows
of data in a archive sheet?

My sheet has many columns from A to BU.

I have about 220,000 records with many duplicate Descriptions in column
E. Each Description record has a date in the Date column B.

Records are sorted by: Description A to Z
then by: Date Newest to Oldest.

Here is an example (not actual sheet):

I highlighted the duplicate Description records in these examples that
I want to update and archive.

[image: http://reportingthetruth.com/post-images/sample01a.jpg]

I want to delete the older Description records from my main sheet so
that only the duplicate Description records with the newest date remains
like the example below.

[image: http://reportingthetruth.com/post-images/sample01b.jpg]

And the older duplicate records that are removed from the main sheet I
would like to save to a new sheet so that I can save a history of the
Description records.

[image: http://reportingthetruth.com/post-images/sample01c.jpg]

Any thoughts how I can do this?

--
sandy
sandy's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=407

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sandy,
Look into CPearson web it has the solution go to the middle of the page
where it shays Delete Duplicate Rows

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"sandy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe?

The Delete Duplicate Rows example using dates seems to apply but I have
no idea how to implement this code?

--
sandy
sandy's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=407
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=105292

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sandy,
You need to start creating a macro, go to macro create a macro and then stop
it. Then edit the macro and copy the code there. then just run the macro

"sandy" wrote:

Maybe?

The Delete Duplicate Rows example using dates seems to apply but I have
no idea how to implement this code?

--
sandy
sandy's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=407
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=105292

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Eduardo for the brief tutorial. It really helped.

I appreciate all your efforts :)

I ran the script and it was successful. This solves part of my problem
& I can use it in a pinch.

I also need to save the deleted rows into an archive sheet so I can
track trends.

Any thoughts how to do that?