Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CE CE is offline

Default What type formula to use?

Hi,

I need a formula that takes into account todays date before it adds the row
range.

The spreadsheet I'm working with has 2 tabs. On the second tab are the rows
I need added: B2:AL2
For this to show what is needed I need it to only display a number through
the current date. So using the current date the 9th - I won't want to add the
rest of the month. Is this possible?

If not what formula can I use that only adds within the row and displays the
amount added once something is inputted into the row?

Sorry if this is a little strange. Thank you for your help :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Why don't you show us a sample of your data layout and what you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"CE" wrote:

Hi,

I need a formula that takes into account todays date before it adds the row
range.

The spreadsheet I'm working with has 2 tabs. On the second tab are the rows
I need added: B2:AL2
For this to show what is needed I need it to only display a number through
the current date. So using the current date the 9th - I won't want to add the
rest of the month. Is this possible?

If not what formula can I use that only adds within the row and displays the
amount added once something is inputted into the row?

Sorry if this is a little strange. Thank you for your help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CE CE is offline

Sorry.

On sheet 2 I have column a set up with names. B through AL have dates.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc.
John Smith 8 8 8 8

The 8's represent the amount of time off taken.

On sheet 1 I have it set up similar.

June
Taken Total
John Smith 40

Under the Taken column is where I need the formula that adds the amount of
time off taken from the first of the month through the current date.

Sorry if my first post was a little too vague. Please let me know if you
need more info. to help me.

Thank you,
CE

"CE" wrote:

Hi,

I need a formula that takes into account todays date before it adds the row
range.

The spreadsheet I'm working with has 2 tabs. On the second tab are the rows
I need added: B2:AL2
For this to show what is needed I need it to only display a number through
the current date. So using the current date the 9th - I won't want to add the
rest of the month. Is this possible?

If not what formula can I use that only adds within the row and displays the
amount added once something is inputted into the row?

Sorry if this is a little strange. Thank you for your help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should be COL B to AF ; right
Try the below formula in AG

=SUM(INDIRECT("B" & ROW() & ":" & ADDRESS(ROW(),DAY(TODAY())+1)))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"CE" wrote:

Hi,

I need a formula that takes into account todays date before it adds the row
range.

The spreadsheet I'm working with has 2 tabs. On the second tab are the rows
I need added: B2:AL2
For this to show what is needed I need it to only display a number through
the current date. So using the current date the 9th - I won't want to add the
rest of the month. Is this possible?

If not what formula can I use that only adds within the row and displays the
amount added once something is inputted into the row?

Sorry if this is a little strange. Thank you for your help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUM(Sheet2!B2:INDEX(Sheet2!B2:AF2,DAY(NOW())))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CE" wrote:

Hi,

I need a formula that takes into account todays date before it adds the
row
range.

The spreadsheet I'm working with has 2 tabs. On the second tab are the
rows
I need added: B2:AL2
For this to show what is needed I need it to only display a number
through
the current date. So using the current date the 9th - I won't want to
add the
rest of the month. Is this possible?

If not what formula can I use that only adds within the row and
displays the
amount added once something is inputted into the row?

Sorry if this is a little strange. Thank you for your help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

--
Biff