smb2000user100

Default Please help me.

Hello,

My original worksheet is like:
ColumnA ColumnB
Category Code Keyword
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH
BEQAB 00756|VITA MIX
BEQAF TOMLINSN
BEQBBP K7003NF|REGAL
BEQBBP K7001NF|REGAL

I want to get a worksheet like:
ColumnA ColumnB
Category Code Keyword
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH|00756|VITA MIX
BEQAF TOMLINSN
BEQBBP K7003NF|K7001NF|REGAL

I cannot figure our how to get it. Please help me. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

--
George
Peo Sjoblom

Copy and paste and cut and paste, the layout is not the best I have seen
honestly, do you intend to have
for instance

HAMILTON BEACH|00756|VITA MIX

in one cell?

This would require lots of manual labour, I would probably use autofilter
and filter on the categories and then
copy and paste

Peo Sjoblom

Peo Sjoblom

"smb2000user100" wrote in message
Hello,

My original worksheet is like:
ColumnA ColumnB
Category Code Keyword
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH
BEQAB 00756|VITA MIX
BEQAF TOMLINSN
BEQBBP K7003NF|REGAL
BEQBBP K7001NF|REGAL

I want to get a worksheet like:
ColumnA ColumnB
Category Code Keyword
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH|00756|VITA MIX
BEQAF TOMLINSN
BEQBBP K7003NF|K7001NF|REGAL

I cannot figure our how to get it. Please help me. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

--
George

JulieD

Hi

a similar question was asked in microsoft.public.excel.programming yesterday
.... my answer then was .....

use the advanced filter to generate a list of the unique ID numbers in
another column on your worksheet (Debra Dalgleish has notes on how to do
this at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html) and then use a UDF that Harald
Staff and myself created called CONCAT_IF to concatenate the keywords ...
this function and notes on using it can be found at my website
www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.html

the OP of that question replied that the answer had worked well for him, so
maybe it will also work for you

--
Cheers
JulieD
"smb2000user100" wrote in message
Hello,

My original worksheet is like:
ColumnA ColumnB
Category Code Keyword
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH
BEQAB 00756|VITA MIX
BEQAF TOMLINSN
BEQBBP K7003NF|REGAL
BEQBBP K7001NF|REGAL

I want to get a worksheet like:
ColumnA ColumnB
Category Code Keyword
BEQAB HAMILTON BEACH|00756|VITA MIX
BEQAF TOMLINSN
BEQBBP K7003NF|K7001NF|REGAL

I cannot figure our how to get it. Please help me. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

--
George

David McRitchie

http://www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm as in your signature
not .html as in the body

JulieD

Hi David

thanks for spotting this, i can never remember if it is htm or html ... eek!

--
Cheers
JulieD