Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
H H is offline

Default Vlookup from another tab

Hi, I was wondeirng if anyone can help me. Is it possible to have a vlookup
be a part of an IF statement?

In my Column L I need it to check in another tab of my workbook to see if a
division is obsolete and if it is then mark it as Obsolete

Division Obsolete Status
A Obsolete
B Active
C Obsolete

Any help is super appreciated!!!! Thank you!

My formula needs to do something like if in the lookup on another tab
looking up Division it could look it up and then if it's obsolete mark it
that way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

A1 = lookup value

=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,0)="Obsolete","Obso lete","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"H" wrote in message
Hi, I was wondeirng if anyone can help me. Is it possible to have a
vlookup
be a part of an IF statement?

In my Column L I need it to check in another tab of my workbook to see if
division is obsolete and if it is then mark it as Obsolete

Division Obsolete Status
A Obsolete
B Active
C Obsolete

Any help is super appreciated!!!! Thank you!

My formula needs to do something like if in the lookup on another tab
looking up Division it could look it up and then if it's obsolete mark it
that way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Somthing like this..If a value is found it returns or else mark it as
"Obsolete"

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,0)),"Obsolete" ,VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,0))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria