Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF formula and date fields

=IF(G15:G21,"0",IF(I15:I21,"1","0"))

Where column G and column I are date fields.

This forumla keeps returning a #VALUE! error because the date field is not a
number. How do I write a formula to see blank date fields?

I want to count the number of rows where there is a date in row G and no
date in row I.

The purpose of the row is to indicate which sales stage the contact company
is in. The dates track entry into the sales stage. If column G has a date,
and there is no date in the I column then the contact is still in the Column
G stage. If there is a date in the I column that date indicates when it left
the Column G stage. I want the formula to count the G Column to indicate how
many accounts are in the Column G stage.

(Not relevant to this question, I can figure out how to count the days in
stage.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(G15:G21<""),--(I15:I21=""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP