Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Event Schedule

I have a couple of questions, I am managing 100 volunteers at a conference in
Florida and they need to be assigned to sessions/workshops and an exhibition
Booth. (There are 7 sessions and about 15 workshops in each session + the
Booth all day with different shift times)
What formula should I use for double booking? (For example, have the cell go
red if they are booked)
How will I know what recourses I have and who is still available during the
times needed?
Also, I have to compare scheduled time vs. actual time so we can show the
org. how much time our volunteers did for the event over 5 days.
Also, this is a nice to have but not a must if its to hard, can I email
individuals there schedules once complete?

Sorry for all the questions, Im just not sure how to do these things.

--
WitkosRobinson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK.. so let's start with how your tables will look.

I imagine you'll want one table that shows sessions in column A and
workshops in column B, column C has start, D has end. Column E will be your
volunteer names. Column F shows actual start and G has actual end.

A separate table will have your exhibition booths, then start and end times,
then volunteer names, then actual start and end.

A third table will have volunteer names, scheduled time and actual time.

As far as the e-mail, are you wanting to only e-mail each volunteer their
individual schedule or e-mail all volunteers the total schedule and have them
view their own?

would be easier to do the second one.

Think this would cover what you're wanting to see? If so, we can get into
how to make it all work...

"kristy_6278" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much, there are going to be different volunteer types.

Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2 and back up (workshops)
Volunteer Presenter 1 and Volunteer Presenter 2 (Presenters in Workshops)
Volunteer Information Desk - Volunteer 1 and Volunteer 2

and the booth.

Should I put the first 3 in 1 worksheet then the booth in a second?
--
WitkosRobinson

"kristy_6278" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Sean

I've have put the table together as you suggested, with the workshops in 1
worksheet and the Booth schedule in another. How will this all work to show
double booking of staff members and available resources? (volunteers?)

Thanks so much once again for helping me out.
--
WitkosRobinson