Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell formats

I have Windows XP Pro, In Excel 2002 I get a message 'too many cell formats',
and it will not allow me to continue. I have a rather large spreadsheet
program I work in, some cells are colored and have borders.

I have 1.5 Gb Ram and 80 Gb hard drive which is only 30% full.
I have 10 worksheets at the bottom of screen, but not open.

Can I overcome this problem??

Tom.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then
they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up
version.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

have a look here for Excel specifications

In the case of formats it's an absolute number (4000) and not a memory issue
so you neeed a clearout.

Mike