Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How To Stop Chart Sizing With Cells?

If I insert a text box into a worksheet, I have the option of stopping
it from resizing if I resize cells that are under it. I don't seem to
have the same option with a chart that I've copied and pasted on to a
worksheet. Is there a way to stop my chart sizing with the cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Yes.
xl2003: Right click chart area and pick Format Chart Area. On the Properties
tab is Object positioning,
xl2007: Select chart then via the ribbon, ChartTools Format Size
dialog launcher (arrow bottom right corner of group) Properties tab
object positioning

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Wayne" wrote in message
If I insert a text box into a worksheet, I have the option of stopping
it from resizing if I resize cells that are under it. I don't seem to
have the same option with a chart that I've copied and pasted on to a
worksheet. Is there a way to stop my chart sizing with the cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 1, 6:31*pm, "Andy Pope" wrote:
Hi,

Yes.
xl2003: Right click chart area and pick Format Chart Area. On the Properties
tab is Object positioning,
xl2007: Select chart then via the ribbon, ChartTools Format Size
dialog launcher (arrow bottom right corner of group) Properties tab
object positioning

Cheers
Andy

Thanks Andy. This strikes me as another example of where they've
turned what was a simple procedure in xl2003 to something more complex
in xl2007. Who makes these design decisions???