Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Deleted Data

I accidently deleted the last 2 hours of excel 2003 data. I have not saved
the revised sheet and the undelete shows not available. Is there a place
where I can go to retreive a backup copy. I am still in the program.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Do you have set up the autosave option, if yes you should close your file
without saving it or saving it with a defferent name and open the original
file again, otherwise I am sorry but you will not be able to recover it

"Tom H" wrote:

I accidently deleted the last 2 hours of excel 2003 data. I have not saved
the revised sheet and the undelete shows not available. Is there a place
where I can go to retreive a backup copy. I am still in the program.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Eduardo

There is no autosave in Excel 2003...............only autorecovery.

If OP has autorecovery enabled try browsing to the autorecovery folder.

Look for a file named like ~ar6283.xar

Rename to qqqqq.xls and try to open it.

You may get lucky.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP