Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I make coloured drop down lists in Excel?

I want to create drop down lists within excel. The list needs to contain
colours only as the colours represent specific items. Is this possible? And
if so, could someone please give me the formula required or a step by step
guide on how to do it.

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In F1 thru F6, enter:

red
green
blue
orange
brown
yellow

then in another cell:

Data Validation Allow List
to make the drop down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"ÉannaD" wrote:

I want to create drop down lists within excel. The list needs to contain
colours only as the colours represent specific items. Is this possible? And
if so, could someone please give me the formula required or a step by step
guide on how to do it.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The below link will help

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html#Create

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"ÉannaD" wrote:

I want to create drop down lists within excel. The list needs to contain
colours only as the colours represent specific items. Is this possible? And
if so, could someone please give me the formula required or a step by step
guide on how to do it.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You cannot color the cells to select from in a dropdown list .

You can color the item selected using Conditional Formatting but that's all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP