Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default linking/updating multiple wksht comments

I have a workbook with multiple spreadsheets and the only thing that varies
from sheet to sheet is the "comment" column we have. I need to know how to
have the comments from let's call it wk 1 spreadsheet update/link to the new
wk 2 spreadsheet keeping in mind that not all customer accounts may show up
on the new wk 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Heidi,
If you have a column for your comments let's say column B and you customer
list is in column A in the WK2 enter the formula as follow let's say your
customer list start in cell A1 and your comments in B1

In B1 Wk2 enter

=sumproduct(--(A1=Wk1!$A$1:$A$500),Wk1!$B$1:$B$500)

if this was helpful please click yes, thanks