Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Move data - what happens to formula's

Hi all,

I've been working on a nice spreadsheet for over a week, now that I'm
close to finalizing a nice looking sheet which will safe the colleques a
lot of time somebody informs me my layout of the sheet is not to the
custum standard .

I won't be the first one with this problem and was wondering if anybody
can tell me when a start moving stuf around (cut and past) will my
formula's all go hay-wire?

Any advice?

w:evil

--
willemeulen

Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands)
willemeulen's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=98420

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

willemeulen wrote:
Hi all,

I've been working on a nice spreadsheet for over a week, now that I'm
close to finalizing a nice looking sheet which will safe the colleques a
lot of time somebody informs me my layout of the sheet is not to the
custum standard .

I won't be the first one with this problem and was wondering if anybody
can tell me when a start moving stuf around (cut and past) will my
formula's all go hay-wire?

Any advice?

w:evil

Advice?

1. Save a copy of your current spreadsheet.

2. Try "moving stuff around".

3. See if formulas "go haywire".

4. If yes, try to fix it.

5. If you can't fix it yourself, post a specific question and someone will help
you fix it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes it will affect your formulae. When you cut the source data that is
refered in the formula and paste it elsewhere your formula may Show
#REF!, which means your references are missing. It may not happen for
simple formulae as excel adjusts the references to the new place of
the data. But if you do see #REF! appearing in your formulae then all
you have to do is go to your formulae and edit the #REF! with the new
cell ranges.