Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro

Can I create a macro in one of my spreadsheets and send it to another user so
they could use it on their adta in their computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes you can. The macro code is stored within the workbook itself...
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"wrbmab" wrote:

Can I create a macro in one of my spreadsheets and send it to another user so
they could use it on their adta in their computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jacob, thanks for the info. I asked the wrong question. We receive a data
spreadsheet at multiple work stations each morning. I have created a macro to
sort this data and put it into the format we want to see it in. Is it
possbile to give this macro to the other users/workstations in my area. I
hope this makes sense, sorry for the confusion.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I understand you correctly, yes. A macro is simply text. You can send
it to anyone by any means, email, mail, etc. They will have to properly
install it in their workbook, however. If they do that, the macro will work
fine. HTH Otto
"wrbmab" wrote in message
Jacob, thanks for the info. I asked the wrong question. We receive a data
spreadsheet at multiple work stations each morning. I have created a macro
sort this data and put it into the format we want to see it in. Is it
possbile to give this macro to the other users/workstations in my area. I
hope this makes sense, sorry for the confusion.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Place the macro in a module of a new workbook.

Save AsFile TypeMS Excel Add-in

Place the add-in in a folder accessible to all users on your network.

Instruct them on how to load the add-in.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP