Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find unique values using 2 variables

I have 2 columns of data: 1 numeric (with some " " from the formula) and 1
text. I need to find the count of rows with unique values in column 2 and
numbers in column 1. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tony.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like a Pivot table...

data - Pivot Table

Drag both columns to your Row fields. Right click, select field settings and
select None under subtotals.

Grab your text field and drop into data items to get a count where your text
and numeric fields are unique...

"Tony7659" wrote:

I have 2 columns of data: 1 numeric (with some " " from the formula) and 1
text. I need to find the count of rows with unique values in column 2 and
numbers in column 1. Any ideas? Thanks!

Tony.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See your other post.

If the replies there don't do what you want then a better explanation is
needed. Include a small sample of your data and tell us what result you
expect.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP