Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default data from excel worksheet update with another excel worksheet

Dears

I have create a questionnaire worksheet from excel and let the peoples input
the data on every questionaire worksheet. I just want to create a another
summary worksheet and collect their data into one worksheet. Would you please
tell me how to link up with two excel worksheet. Or using access database
instead. thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tony,

This could be accomplished with a little bit of VBA.

Eddie
http://www.HelpExcel.com

"tonycd" wrote:

Dears

I have create a questionnaire worksheet from excel and let the peoples input
the data on every questionaire worksheet. I just want to create a another
summary worksheet and collect their data into one worksheet. Would you please
tell me how to link up with two excel worksheet. Or using access database
instead. thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tony,

You can actually summarize your data without VBA.
You can use a formulaic array similar to the following:

=sum(if(sheet1!a1:a100="data to be summarized",b1:b100,0))
(press cntrl-shift-enter instead of just enter)

You would have to replace some of the variables in this formula to make it
specific to your challenge.
Eddie
http://www.HelpExcel.com

"tonycd" wrote:

Dears

I have create a questionnaire worksheet from excel and let the peoples input
the data on every questionaire worksheet. I just want to create a another
summary worksheet and collect their data into one worksheet. Would you please
tell me how to link up with two excel worksheet. Or using access database
instead. thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Eddie

May i really confused you. I created a questionnaire worksheet and will send
a path to users one by one for answering a question , once the user clicked
"save" button on the excel worksheet. The user can "save as" and update the
record to some sort of database, (excel worksheet or access database is ok.)
Thanks again.

regards
Tony