Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default is there an AND logical ?

i want to check multiple cells with something like:

IF CellA=1 AND IF CellB=CellC,1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps a search in the HELP index for
AND
would be of assistance

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"0nanman" wrote in message
i want to check multiple cells with something like:

IF CellA=1 AND IF CellB=CellC,1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this with cell A1, B1 and C1

=IF(AND(A1=1,B1=C1),1,"")

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"0nanman" wrote:

i want to check multiple cells with something like:

IF CellA=1 AND IF CellB=CellC,1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(AND(A2=1,B1=C1),1,"whatever you want as a result if your condition isn't
satisfied")
--
David Biddulph

0nanman wrote:
i want to check multiple cells with something like:

IF CellA=1 AND IF CellB=CellC,1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=--AND(A1=1,B1=C1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"0nanman" wrote in message
i want to check multiple cells with something like:

IF CellA=1 AND IF CellB=CellC,1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don Guillett wrote:
Perhaps a search in the HELP index for
AND
would be of assistance

I always used to think that, but in Excel 2003 if you select "Offline Help" and
search for:

and
AND

you get nothing. And if you try:

AND Worksheet Function

you get a whole bunch of "worksheet functions", including "RAND worksheet
function", but no "AND worksheet function". But if you search for:

logic
logical

you will find "AND worksheet function".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I type AND into the search field in my copy of XL2003 (SP3 in case that
matters), the 2nd returned link is for the AND function.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)