Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting

how can I sort a column with numbers and text in descending order where the
text falls to the bottom and not the top?

thanks,
charlie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

That's the normal sorting mode in Excel 97 and 2000 anyway. To get the TEXT
at the bottom just sort by ASCENDING.....to get it at the top, by DECENDING.

If you're getting something else, please provide a little more detail.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"teh_chucksta" wrote:

how can I sort a column with numbers and text in descending order where the
text falls to the bottom and not the top?

thanks,
charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This would work for the first letter of the text only. Say your data are in
column A, put This in B1 and fill down

=IF(CODE(LOWER(A1))<=57,CODE(A1),CODE(A1)-97)

Select both columns and sort on column B ascending. You can hide column B if
you want.

Mike