Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to display result of 3 possible outcomes

I have created a spreadsheet for staff scheduling and want to display a
result in a cell that could have 3 possible outcomes.

Firstly if there is a value in A1 and not A2 then display a result in B1
Secondly if there is a value in A2 and not A1 then display a result in B1
Thirdly if there is a value in A1 and A2 then display a result in B1

Can all this be done in 1 formula to display and 1 of the outcomes in the
same cell?

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Unles your question is really more complicated tahn you describe, this does
what you want

=IF(COUNTA(A1:A2)0,"A Result","")

Mike

"Simony32567" wrote:

I have created a spreadsheet for staff scheduling and want to display a
result in a cell that could have 3 possible outcomes.

Firstly if there is a value in A1 and not A2 then display a result in B1
Secondly if there is a value in A2 and not A1 then display a result in B1
Thirdly if there is a value in A1 and A2 then display a result in B1

Can all this be done in 1 formula to display and 1 of the outcomes in the
same cell?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply, that does work if I have figures in the cells but it
also works if there are zeros which I do not want. If there is a zero I want
another calculation to display.

I will explain mo

I want the results to display in F70

I have F72, F73, F74 which contain the results of calculations depending on
the schedule in the above cells. Any one of these cells could hold a vlaue of
zero.

I also have B68, B69, B70 and B71 which contain other results of
calculations depending on the schedule, these cells will always hold a value
1

What I want to display in F70 is that:

If there is a figure 1 in F72 AND a figure of zero in F73 then show B70
If there is a figure 1 in F73 AND a figure of zero in F72 then show B69
If there is a figure 1 in F74 then show B68
If there is a figure of zero in both F72 AND F73 then show B71

Hope this helps you.
Simoney