Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup or Vlookup?

A B C D E F G

Drawing # Date PICKS
1 02-01-2008 4 12 15 32 39
2 02-02-2008 1 3 7 9 30
3 02-03-2008 3 20 21 32 38
4 02-04-2008 2 11 18 27 33
5 02-05-2008 1 12 23 25 40

I need to search columns C through G to determine the date (column B) when a
specific number (let's say 12) was chosen. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What result do you expect, there are 2 dates when 12 was drawn.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PJ Murph" wrote in message
A B C D E F G

Drawing # Date PICKS
1 02-01-2008 4 12 15 32 39
2 02-02-2008 1 3 7 9 30
3 02-03-2008 3 20 21 32 38
4 02-04-2008 2 11 18 27 33
5 02-05-2008 1 12 23 25 40

I need to search columns C through G to determine the date (column B) when
specific number (let's say 12) was chosen. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry, I meant to say the most RECENT date chosen.
Col A = the number of the drawing
Col B = the date
Cols C to G = the 5 picks

"PJ Murph" wrote in message
A B C D E F G

Drawing # Date PICKS
1 02-01-2008 4 12 15 32 39
2 02-02-2008 1 3 7 9 30
3 02-03-2008 3 20 21 32 38
4 02-04-2008 2 11 18 27 33
5 02-05-2008 1 12 23 25 40

I need to search columns C through G to determine the date (column B) when
specific number (let's say 12) was chosen. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this array formula** :

=IF(COUNTIF(C2:G6,12),MAX(IF(C2:G6=12,B2:B6)),"not drawn")

key then hit ENTER.

Format as Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PJ Murph" wrote in message
A B C D E F G

Drawing # Date PICKS
1 02-01-2008 4 12 15 32 39
2 02-02-2008 1 3 7 9 30
3 02-03-2008 3 20 21 32 38
4 02-04-2008 2 11 18 27 33
5 02-05-2008 1 12 23 25 40

I need to search columns C through G to determine the date (column B)
when
specific number (let's say 12) was chosen. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this array formula** :

=IF(COUNTIF(C2:G6,12),MAX(IF(C2:G6=12,B2:B6)),"not drawn")

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

Format as Date

--