Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default weighted exams, predicting what the final exam needs to be to pass

my brain is not working today... we use two exams. the first one counts for
30% of their total grade, the second one counts for 70% of their total grade.
they have to have an 80% average overall to pass. i'm making a template for
the trainers to use so they can plug in the results for the first exam and
see what the student has to score above on the second exam to achieve the 80%
overall. help please! :)
--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

(80% - (30% x EXAM1)) / 70% = EXAM2
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"barren13" wrote:

my brain is not working today... we use two exams. the first one counts for
30% of their total grade, the second one counts for 70% of their total grade.
they have to have an 80% average overall to pass. i'm making a template for
the trainers to use so they can plug in the results for the first exam and
see what the student has to score above on the second exam to achieve the 80%
overall. help please! :)
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default weighted exams, predicting what the final exam needs to be to

Thank you Gary!!! you are a life-saver!!!!
--
Thanks!

"Gary Brown" wrote:

(80% - (30% x EXAM1)) / 70% = EXAM2