Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Attendance formula

This is what the formula would look like if I could type it in this way.
Just need help with translating to excel.

If cell E1 ("the child's name") on sheet 2 matches any cell from B46 thru
I52 ("which could be any child including said child") on sheet 1 and cell P7
(which is the date) on sheet 2 matches H44 (which is the date) on sheet 1
then cell P8 (on sheet 2) = A (for absent).

Note: If there is not a match then nothing should happen in cell P8. Also
both the names and the dates must match to return an "A" for absent. I
can send an email of my layout if I haven't been clear enough.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Place this into P8 on sheet 1:

=IF(AND(COUNTIF('Sheet 1'!B46:I52,'Sheet 2'!E1)1,'Sheet 2'!P7='Sheet
1'!H44),"A","")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Preschool Mike" wrote:

This is what the formula would look like if I could type it in this way.
Just need help with translating to excel.

If cell E1 ("the child's name") on sheet 2 matches any cell from B46 thru
I52 ("which could be any child including said child") on sheet 1 and cell P7
(which is the date) on sheet 2 matches H44 (which is the date) on sheet 1
then cell P8 (on sheet 2) = A (for absent).

Note: If there is not a match then nothing should happen in cell P8. Also
both the names and the dates must match to return an "A" for absent. I
can send an email of my layout if I haven't been clear enough.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Either I'm doing something wrong or it's not working.
Note: I'm using excel 2007. Some of the cell that contain the information
are merged. Does that matter? I also tried it without cell being merged and
won't work. Any advice?