Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Search of particular combinations

In Column A & B there is different name but I want "yes" for below
particular combination else "No"

A A Yes
A B Yes
A C Yes
A D Yes
B A Yes
B B Yes
B C Yes
B D Yes
C A Yes
C B Yes
C C Yes
C D Yes
D A Yes
D B Yes
D C Yes
D D Yes
A E No
D F No
C L No

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Build your self a table of 'Yes' combinations somewhere out of the way, I
used column J and it looks like this and note aa is in a single cell.

aa
ab
ac
ad
ba
bb
bc
bd
ca
cb
cc
cd
da
db
dc
dd

then this formula in c1 and drag down

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1&B1,$J$1:$J$16,1,FALSE)),"No"," Yes")

Mike