Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumif any text is criteria

I want to sum the numbers of one column that have text (any text) in another
column. How do I get the formula to recognize any text as the criteria rather
than just a particular word?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this after changing to suit your columns. Also checks for "the dreaded
space bar"

=SUMPRODUCT((ISTEXT(H2:H22)*(LEN(TRIM(H2:H22))0)* (I2:I22)))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Question, Mark" wrote in message
I want to sum the numbers of one column that have text (any text) in
another
column. How do I get the formula to recognize any text as the criteria
rather
than just a particular word?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this =SUMIF(D6:D12,"*",E6:E12)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Question, Mark" wrote in message
I want to sum the numbers of one column that have text (any text) in
another
column. How do I get the formula to recognize any text as the criteria
rather
than just a particular word?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed.

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this =SUMIF(D6:D12,"*",E6:E12)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Question, Mark" wrote in message
I want to sum the numbers of one column that have text (any text) in
another
column. How do I get the formula to recognize any text as the criteria
rather
than just a particular word?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome