Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default repeating the answer in A2 cell to A3:A20

Hi,

A1 = 500
A2 = If(A1=500,"Correct","Check")
Based on the answer it is shown up in A2 cell (Correct), the same answer
should automatically show up in all the cells from A3:A20.

Please let me know if any formual would assist here.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter the formula like this in A2:

=IF(A$1=500,"Correct","Check")

Copy down to A20

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Igneshwara reddy" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

A1 = 500
A2 = If(A1=500,"Correct","Check")
Based on the answer it is shown up in A2 cell (Correct), the same answer
should automatically show up in all the cells from A3:A20.

Please let me know if any formual would assist here.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All the cells A3:A20 should be linked to A2 cell, if there is any changes
again it should take.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy

"T. Valko" wrote:

Enter the formula like this in A2:

=IF(A$1=500,"Correct","Check")

Copy down to A20

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Igneshwara reddy" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

A1 = 500
A2 = If(A1=500,"Correct","Check")
Based on the answer it is shown up in A2 cell (Correct), the same answer
should automatically show up in all the cells from A3:A20.

Please let me know if any formual would assist here.

Regards,
Igneshwara Reddy.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure I understand what you want. Maybe this entered in A3 and
copied down to A20:

=A$2

Basically, that does just about the same thing as my pervious suggestion
except that if you change the formula in A2 then the change will
automatically be linked to those other cells.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Igneshwara reddy" wrote in