Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Ron is offline

Default Conditional formatting - case sensitive text

Hello all,
Im verifying one column of data to another using conditional formatting. It
works fine except I need to perform this based on case sensitive text. Anyone
know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
RB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conditional format, formula is:
=EXACT(B2,A:A)
would check to see if the value in B2 has an exact (case-sensitive) match in
column A. Copy formatting down to other cells as desired.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Ron" wrote:

Hello all,
Im verifying one column of data to another using conditional formatting. It
works fine except I need to perform this based on case sensitive text. Anyone
know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
RB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Ron is offline

Luke,
You are getting me close but I'm not sure how to apply it with verfication
against a named list.
What I'm using now is comparing the contents of cell L28 against a list.
Formula Is: =COUNTIF(Validation_Entries,L28)

"Ron" wrote:

Hello all,
Im verifying one column of data to another using conditional formatting. It
works fine except I need to perform this based on case sensitive text. Anyone
know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
RB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(EXACT(Validation_Entries,L28)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP