Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default 2 conditions for IF function?

Hi -

I want to use a function to display a value in a cell if it meets 2
conditions

Condition 1) That there is data entered in cell T10 and if no data
return a blank in the cell
Condition 2) That the number in cell AO10 is <16

so I basically want to combine =IF(T10,T10,"") and =IF
(AO10<16,T10,""). I have tried AND but with no joy - sorry this is
baffling me!!

Thanks for your help

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Porky79 wrote:
Hi -

I want to use a function to display a value in a cell if it meets 2
conditions

Condition 1) That there is data entered in cell T10 and if no data
return a blank in the cell
Condition 2) That the number in cell AO10 is <16

so I basically want to combine =IF(T10,T10,"") and =IF
(AO10<16,T10,""). I have tried AND but with no joy - sorry this is
baffling me!!

Thanks for your help

Paul

=IF(AND(T10,AO10<16),T10,"")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 30 Apr, 13:58, Porky79 wrote:
Hi -

I want to use a function to display a value in a cell if it meets 2
conditions

Condition 1) That there is data entered in cell T10 and if no data
return a blank in the cell
Condition 2) That the number in cell AO10 is <16

so I basically want to combine =IF(T10,T10,"") and =IF
(AO10<16,T10,""). I have tried AND but with no joy - sorry this is
baffling me!!

Thanks for your help

Paul

Hi Paul

Is it as simple as this:

=IF(AO16<16,T10,"")

?

Regards

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Try this one : =IF(T100,IF(AO1016,T10,""),"")
This will return blank if any of the two cells or both are blank .
HTH
John
"Porky79" wrote in message
Hi -

I want to use a function to display a value in a cell if it meets 2
conditions

Condition 1) That there is data entered in cell T10 and if no data
return a blank in the cell
Condition 2) That the number in cell AO10 is <16

so I basically want to combine =IF(T10,T10,"") and =IF
(AO10<16,T10,""). I have tried AND but with no joy - sorry this is
baffling me!!

Thanks for your help

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Paul

Is it as simple as this:

=IF(AO16<16,T10,"")

Thanks Steve - I have tried that already but it was returning
FALSE..... on further inspection this was because the linked cell also
contained a formula that was incomplete so was readign FALSE. A simple
use of conditional formatting to colour the text white if value = 0
has done the trick!

Thanks for your time

Best wishes