Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to convert "read only" to a working sheet?

fOR SOME REASON MY WORKSHEETS BECAME "READ ONLY". I NEED TO GET BACK TO THE
POINT WHERE i CAN PERFORM ALL THE EXCEL FUNCTIONS WITHIN THE WORKSHEETS THAT
I UPDATE WEEKLY. i AM USING EXCEL 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HOWARDJASONRUBINOFSKY
wrote...
fOR SOME REASON MY WORKSHEETS BECAME "READ ONLY". *I NEED TO GET BACK TO THE
POINT WHERE i CAN PERFORM ALL THE EXCEL FUNCTIONS WITHIN THE WORKSHEETS THAT
I UPDATE WEEKLY. i AM USING EXCEL 2007.

Turn off caps lock. All caps is considered shouting.

Do you mean your workBOOK was opened read-only, with [Read-Only]
appearing in either the Excel application window's caption or the
workbook's document window caption if document windows aren't
maximized? Or do you mean some worksheets in the open workbook are
protected so that you can't enter/revise cell contents, run spell
check, etc?

If the former (workbook opened read-only), save it using a different
filename, close it, then check whether the original file is marked
read-only in Windows Explorer. If the original file is read-only, then
you have an OS problem.

If the latter, you need to unprotect the worksheet(s), which in Excel
2007 is done using the thoroughly unintuitive Home tab, Cells section,
Format drop-down menu, Unprotect Sheet... menu command.