Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change Color on rows, after an IF Funtion is answered

I have a spread sheet where we track hazards.

1st column is the description of the hazard
2nd, 3rd, & 4th column are rating
4th is the total of the previous
5th Column is the If Funtion and returns with the words either HIGH, MEDIUM,
or LOW.

I would like to color code the row based on the answer in the 5th cell.

Is there a way to do this with a Function or a Macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As David mentioned, Conditional Formatting is what you want here. Although,
the Excel Help isn't always that helpful. Try this:

- Select your range of data to apply the formatting to (make the top-left
cell the active cell, I'll assume cell A1 for this example)
- Select Conditional Formatting
- Use the Custom Formula: =$E1="HIGH"
- Set your color format
- Add a second condition