Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula

I know how to hide the formula if it equals zero, however can I eliminate
those cells from the cell that gives me a SUM with division in the formula?
I get the error code of #DIV/0!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can eliminate the errors by using a formula like:

=IF(A5=0,"NA",B5/A5)

The SUM() won't generate errors in that case

"Diane" wrote:

I know how to hide the formula if it equals zero, however can I eliminate
those cells from the cell that gives me a SUM with division in the formula?
I get the error code of #DIV/0!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Diane,

It's better to eliminate the error by checking if the divisor is zero but to
sum with those errors in the range try

=SUMIF(A1:A12,""&0)

Mike