Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help! Rounding Up Formula

I posted to this community and it says when I tried to open the thread that
"Community Message Not Available". What does this mean? My question was to
find a formula to round up a number to the next higher integer that is a
multiple of 5. Please email me at .
Thanks
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"LarryUSCGMWR" wrote:
I posted to this community and it says when I tried to open the thread that
"Community Message Not Available". What does this mean? My question
was to find a formula to round up a number to the next higher integer that
is a
multiple of 5.

Your first message got posted correctly, and it has already been answered.
(Simply put, CEILING(A1,5).)

The "message not available" message probably reflects a temporary networking
problem, where can exist anywhere between the MS server and your own
computer. If you get the same message before and after successfully posting
a message, I would suspect the "community" web server. I don't use that web
server.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check your previous post.. You can try the worksheet function CEILING() or
work around with the IF() and MOD() function to acheive this...

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria