prince

Default place empty cell with zero

I am trying to place zero in place of empty cells in my worksheet, i used
formula
=IF(A2="",0,A2)
But this formula is also placing zero for a cell having value(number), i
donot want the cells with values to be filled with zero, i want only empty
cells in my sheet to be filled with zero.
can anyone help me plz.
Bob Phillips

Try

=IF(ISBLANK(A2),0,A2)

or

IF(LEN (A2)=0,0,A2)

--

HTH

RP

"prince" wrote in message
I am trying to place zero in place of empty cells in my worksheet, i used
formula
=IF(A2="",0,A2)
But this formula is also placing zero for a cell having value(number), i
donot want the cells with values to be filled with zero, i want only empty
cells in my sheet to be filled with zero.
can anyone help me plz.

JulieD

Hi

choose edit / goto and click on the special button
choose blanks and click ok
this will select all the empty cells
then (without clicking anywhere) type a
0
and press
control & enter
this will put a 0 in all the selected cells

- note, it is a good idea to try something like this on a copy of your
workbook first.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"prince" wrote in message
I am trying to place zero in place of empty cells in my worksheet, i used
formula
=IF(A2="",0,A2)
But this formula is also placing zero for a cell having value(number), i
donot want the cells with values to be filled with zero, i want only empty
cells in my sheet to be filled with zero.
can anyone help me plz.

Duke Carey

Make sure you do this on a copy of your workbook, in case there are
unintended consequences

1) Select the range of cells you want to have affected this way
2) press F5, click on 'Special' and select Blanks, then click on OK
3) Type a 0 (zero) and press Ctrl-Enter